Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Care and Feeding of..... Me.

*"Do what you feel in your heart to be
right, for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and
damned if you don't" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.*
This is a quote I stand by. These guidelines are not about any one person, so don't get upset or offended. But since I was asked about them thought it was high time to write them down.
Low maintenance does not mean none or very little. I have expectations of how I expect to be treated, in the past that has been put to one side so that I can be fed crumbs,(by friends & lovers). I have made do, but I am not prepared to do that any more.

Making me smile is not rocket science really it's not..cupcakes, sushi, coffee..are some things.
I really don't appreciate being picked up when people are bored and then dropped when people find something better/different etc. And come back later as if nothing has happened...
Being the last to know is also a really big bug bear, sometimes it happens but when it happens more often than not then I start to wonder why I am around.

I will always try to think of everyone. If you are ill or down, I will try and make time to as to how you are. I won't expect visits etc until you are 100% much as I am greedy with wanting to spend time with partners/bf and friends, I'd rather you were well enough than risking being poorly again.
Talk to me, ask me how I am, how my day has gone, take an interest in things I'm doing I am not always away on msn and there are things like texts emails etc. When I am involved with people, I really appreciate stuff like that. Even if we are just friends, I do like to just send a random text hug to people cos I hope it will make them smile.

Sometimes my head will think all sorts of bad things, turns into washing machine on constant rinse. It's not good and I try to keep my wibbling to a minimum but sometimes it needs to spill out so my fb status will be angry, thoughtful, thoughtless on times.
It's the best way I know to work things out, most of it will not be aimed at anyone.

Don't offer hollow compliments or empty promises, you will be held to account, even if you don't realise it at the time.
Treats and gifts don't have to be expensive or large. While they are lovely it's the little things that matter, and the thought that counts. Although if you do want to take me away.. can you make sure I have a child minder first ;)

Date nights, yes I do expect to have time alone with people that I care about but I don't appreciate being convenient, if that's the case you need someone else not me.

They say you only get out what you put in. I must admit there have been times when I seem to do all the running/effort and get very little back.. I have walked away from relationships/friendships when this has happened. It's mostly for self preservation.

As far as I am concerned, each relationship I am in is different but i do expect the same care, consideration in each one, that works both ways you know. But I do not see Poly as something like 'Pokemon collect them all!'

Let me indulge you once in a while, let me get the coffees/cake or even if I can afford it, buy lunch. It gives me a lift knowing that I can pay for something. And that I have treated you.
I do have a problem. I can't bring myself to ask for things, help, money, time.

I don't expect people to be psychic but it can plague me and make me very bad tempered. Sometimes it's good to just ask. I also get stuff into my head that it get so big so huge that I can't always bring myself to tell you if there's a problem. So nudge me until you have gotten to the root of things.. I will talk I sometimes find it very hard.

I blow up when I am angry, let me vent, and then talk to me. That way I will listen to what you are saying.. what can I say .. redhead on the inside too ;)

Never take me for granted..I am not good old Kira. I demand respect, I will also do all that I can to earn it, that goes for trust. But if either of those are taken as given, you may find a very annoyed me.

No comments: